Download The Hide-A-Hose Owners Manual click here
Important Safety Instructions
Read all instructions before using your Built-in Vacuum Cleaning System.
WARNING - To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or injury:
• Disconnect power units electrical plug before servicing.
• Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
• Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
• Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
• Do not handle hose, outlets, or unit with wet hands.
• Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of the body away from the openings and moving parts.
• Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches, or hot ashes.
• Do not use without dust bag and/or filters in place, if required by power unit.
• Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
• Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline or use in areas where they may be present.
• Do not store flammable or combustible product within three (3) feet of power unit.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
Open the battery casement.
Locate the battery casement just below the metallic nozzle at the front of the RF handle (the lid of the battery casement can be identified by a white outlined battery icon). Insert a small flat head screwdriver into the slot at the base of the battery casement lid and gently pry upward.
Pull out the battery casement.
Once the battery lid has
been raised, using thumb
and index finger, pull the
casement straight up until
the entire battery is visible.
Replace the battery
Replace the battery with a size 23A 12 volt alkaline battery. Using thumb, carefully push the battery casement back into the handle until it clicks. When you replace the battery, you may have to reprogram the handle.
Reprogram the handle
Depress the recessed button on top of the receiver with a ball point pen. While the button on the receiver is depressed (A), push the handle switch to the “on” position for 1 second (B). (Holding the switch on for more than 1 second will erase the program of additional handles.) If the motor still will not turn on the receiver may need to be replaced.
Vacuum power Unit won’t turn on
Check main home breaker panel to ensure the Vacuum Power Unit Breaker is on. Check Power Unit Reset Button. Check the PU plug with another electrical component to ensure it is operating properly. Check that the Power Unit is plugged in. Check all connections between the RF Receiver, RF power supply, and the Power Unit. Press the handle switch to the “on” position and check to see if the LED light on the receiver flashes. If the LED light does not flash the handle is probably not transmitting.
See the section on changing the battery in the handle. If the LED light flashes but the motor will not turn on, reprogram the handle.